People who snore can really be annoying bedmates, especially if you are a light sleeper. There are different causes as to why people snore, and all these reasons boil down to one conclusion, that is, people who snore can really be a hindrance to sleeping with them even, even to themselves, and snoring should be remedied as soon as possible so as not to cause any further complications.
Some of the most common causes of snoring are the following:
1. Obesity. Being obese or overweight contributes to the possibility of snoring since people who are obese have a more fleshy throat than those who are not. This causes blockage to the airway.
2. Excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages causes the muscles in the throat to over-relax, making them droop and block the airway. This causes snoring.
3. Smoking. This is because smoking would alter the cells in the throat, making it develop mucus and blocking the airway, hence, causing snoring.
4. Irregular sleep patterns. People who sleep at different hours are more prone to snoring than those who have a regular sleeping pattern.
5. Sleeping positions. People who sleep on their backs tend to snore more than those who aren’t. This is because the tongue becomes withdrawn, causing blockage to the throat.
6. Medical problems. Throat inflammation, goiter, tonsillitis, and the like would cause blockage to the throat.
The snoring remedies recommended are the following:
1. For people who are obese, they should lose weight. Not only would it minimize snoring, it would also be able to help them improve their overall health.
2. For people who are wont to abusing alcoholic beverages, they should avoid getting drunk before sleeping.
3. For people who are smoking, exerting efforts to quit would help reduce snoring and, more importantly, reduce the risk of developing diseases like cancer, heart disorders, emphysema, and the like.
4. For people who have irregular sleep patterns, they should get used to sleeping at regular hours.
5. For people who are used to sleeping on their backs, try to revert to other positions.
6. For people who have medical problems, particularly in the throat area, usually, surgery is the number one recommendations of doctors.
Other alternative snoring remedies are honey, nasal drops, and avoidance of eating or drinking dairy products before sleeping. If you really want to be able to get rid of your snoring habits or to help your loved ones stop snoring, make sure that you try to determine first what causes their snoring problems. Once you have it pinned down, try some of the snoring remedies mentioned above. They might be the solutions to your annoying snoring problems.